Join us for a few hours of fun learning the practices and principles of marmalade making.
A small, hands on class, where we emphasize experiential
learning and knowledge.
We explore topics including
- Tasting and evaluating heirloom citrus fruit for preserving.
- Making pectin from the citrus.
- Stages of fruit preparation.
- Cooking and jarring the marmalade.
- Comparative tasting of local artisanal, international and commercial marmalades.
- Food pairings with marmalades.
Light refreshments of June Taylor products and local artisanal foods will be served.
A 10% discount will be offered on all purchases made on the day of the class.
Students will take home a jar of the marmalade they make in class.
No experience is necessary; beginners and experienced preserve makers are welcome.